|COMPLETED Search : FEIGENBAUM and EDELSTEIN Family From 1938 Vienna, Austria|
We NO LONGER WISH to locate any relatives of the extensive FEIGENBAUM and EDELSTEIN family who lived in Vienna (AUSTRIA) in the 1930's.
Our knowledge was sparse at first, but grew extensively when we had FOUND the first cousin!.
We hope, with your help, to assemble new and additional information and find other members of thes families:
We are still NOT certain that the facts below are 100% accurate!
Betti Bertha nee GARTENBERG born in Vienna Austria in 1856 Married twice.
Their SEVEN children - order unknown - :
1. Ludwig FEIGENBAUM born 8 Aug 1886 (see details below)
2. Rudolf (called Rudi) FEIGENBAUM married to Tina, who came from Zurich.
3. Lieselotte FEIGENBAUM born in Vienna about 1890, married Marco COHEN.
4. Hans FEIGENBAUM born 1891, married to Leonie GUTFELD.
5. Grete FEIGENBAUM, married to KRUMHOLZ, possibly escaped to Israel in 1938
6. Alma FEIGENBAUM, We know nothing about her. It is possible that she was murdered by the Nazis, or she may have escaped to the USA.
7. Frieda FEIGENBAUM (nicknamed “Fritzi”) married a Mr POLLAK, and went to the USA in 1938.
After Eduard recte Chaskel FEIGENBAUM died, his Widow Betty Bertha nee GARTENBERG married EDELSTEIN
From this, her second union there were six children
8. Alfons EDELSTEIN, also escaped to the USA. He was nicknamed Spitzi.
9. Arthur EDELSTEIN escaped to France 1938. Fought with the French Resistance. Some time in the 1980’s went to Israel and chose to live in Netanya because he loved the sea.
10. Bianca EDELSTEIN (nicknamed “Bibi”) married to POLLAK (the brother of Frieda’s husband)
11. Stephanie died in Vienna long before the outbreak of World War II.
12. Friedel EDELSTEIN went to the USA and died there at a young age
13. Erna EDELSTEIN, was very close to Lieselotte. She also escaped to Argentina together with Lieselotte.
Ludwig FEIGENBAUM (the oldest of the 13 siblings
According to Austrian Passport No 012050 2 Feb 1938 he previously had the Polish Nationality
Ludwig FEIGENBAUM Married 11 Sep 1932 to
Hilda BEINER born 11 Mai 1902
Witnesses of marriage:
We have started to collect pictures of some of the family members, in the hope that these may help in identifying and finding other members of the family
- Do any of these facts mean anything to you please??
- Are you in any way able to fill in some further information?
- Can you please guide us to anyone else whom we might be able to ask?
Please e-mail us at searchandunitem [AT] lewinsdlondon [DOT] org [DOT] ukif you can help in any way
|Back to Current Searches|